Many of you know that the Chinese Government is famous for providing many scholarships globally through the Chinese Govt Scholarship program, the Shanghai Govt Scholarship Program. But do you know that China has also issued alot of work visas? In this post, I will tell you about the China Z Work Visa Process, its requirements, and who can apply for that. A Chinese visa is a permit issued by visa authorities of the People’s Republic of China.
Technology, Health, Manufacturing, and Education are some of the sectors in China that are facing a labor shortage and these occupations are high in demand. The most common type of China Work Visa is (Z Visa). This visa allows you to work in China for more than 90 days and foreigners working in China with a Work Permit issued by the Chinese government. The step-by-step application process is given below.
Details About China Z Work Visa
- Host Country: China
- Validity of a Permit: Depends on the Job Contract
- Visa Type: Work
What is a China Z Visa?
Z Visa: The most common work visa, issued to those taking up employment or commercial performances in China.
- Z visa is typically single-entry with a 30-day validity.
- Upon arrival, apply for a temporary residence permit valid for the duration of your job contract (min. 90 days, max. 5 years).
China Work Visa Requirements
- Be over 18 years old.
- Have a Valid Job offer from China.
- Must Receive an Invitation letter.
- Be in good health with no contagious diseases.
- Have relevant skills and experience for the position.
- Have a valid passport and travel documents.
- Have a clear criminal record.
To apply for a China work visa, you are required to submit the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form. Print it out and sign it.
- Remember to bring the completed form to the Visa Centre to submit your application.
- A passport-sized photograph.
- Work Permit Copy.
- Medical examination report from an authorized hospital.
- Reference letter.
- Clean criminal record.
Note: Additional Documents (may vary depending on your situation). Please check this website (Visa for China) is the official site for managing, and booking an appointment and information on visa fees. As well as you have to download the visa application form from this website.
How to Apply for the China Work Visa?
- Secure a job offer and obtain a work permit: Your employer will initiate this process on your behalf.
- Fill out the online visa application form: This can be done on the China Visa Application Service Center website. (https://www.visaforchina.cn/globle/). Select your country and it will take you to the website.
- Schedule an appointment: Choose a convenient date and time at the nearest visa application center.
- Gather required documents: This includes your passport, photos, work permit, job offer letter, and other supporting documents as listed on the visa application website.
- Apply and pay the visa fee: Visit the visa application center on your appointment date and submit your complete application along with the fee.
- Await a decision: Processing time typically takes 4-8 weeks.
After Entering to China
You are ready to take your trip to China when your visa application is approved. Once you arrive in China you must have to complete these things:
Register with the Police: Register with the local public security bureau within 30 days of arriving in China.
Apply for a residence permit: Once you have obtained the work permit, you have to apply for a residence permit at the Public Security Bureau Exit and Entry Administration within 30 days of entering China.
The Temporary residence permit is valid for the duration of your job contract (minimum 90 days, maximum 5 years).
Sectors with Job Shortages & High Demand
- Technology (AI, software development)
- Education (English teachers, STEM subjects)
- Healthcare (specialists, nurses)
- Manufacturing (engineers, quality control)
- Renewable energy
Study in China (Chinese Scholarships)
Another way to visit China is through a study permit. Many fully funded scholarships in China are funded by the Chinese Government. I have given some scholarships below:
- Shandong University Scholarship 2024 in China (Fully Funded)
- Donghua University Scholarship 2024, China (Fully Funded)
- HIT Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded)
- NPU President Scholarship 2024 in China (Apply Now)
- List of Shanghai Government Scholarship 2024 in Chinese Universities