The Government of Canada, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on 28th February 2023 announced that applicants with a valid Canadian Visitor visa can convert their visa into a work permit without leaving Canada. This temporary policy is extended by 2 years and will end on February 28, 2025. So, for all those applicants who want to work in Canada, this is a good chance to Convert a Canada Visit Visa into a Work Permit. This post will tell you how to convert your Canadian visitor visa into a work permit.
Earlier to this temporary policy, those who were already in Canada on a visitor status, and they were approved for a work permit, would need to leave Canada to be issued their work permit. With this temporary policy in place, leaving Canada isn’t necessary. Under this temporary policy, all Foreign nationals who are in Canada on a visitor status and visitors who receive a valid job offer will continue to be able to apply for and receive a work permit without having to leave the country.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
Eligibility Requirements to Convert Canada Visit Visa into Work Permit
To benefit from this temporary Policy, an applicant must:
- An applicant must have a Valid Temporary Visit Visa from Canada.
- Have a valid status in Canada as a visitor on the day they apply.
- Have a job offer that is supported by a labor market impact assessment (LMIA) or an LMIA-exempt offer of employment
- Apply for an employer-specific work permit no later than February 28, 2025
- Meet all other standard admissibility criteria.
Read more details on converting a Canadian Visitor Visa into a Work Permit: Here
Benefits of this Temporary Policy
- An opportunity to convert a visitor visa into a work permit.
- You do not need to leave Canada. You can apply from within Canada.
How to Apply for the Canada Work Permit?
You need to apply online for the work permit depending on your situation.
- Applying from outside Canada?
- Applying from Inside Canada?
- Link: Apply online for Work Permit
How to Find Jobs in Canada?
If you are in Canada already on a visitor visa or if you are looking for Job opportunities from outside Canada. I am telling you the best Website to find Job opportunities in Canada for foreign applicants.
Job Bank Website:
- The Job Bank website (jobbank.gc.ca) is the largest Job portal for Job seekers. This is one of the best websites that is managed by the government of Canada.
- Click on “LMIA” if you are not a Canadian citizen, or you are not in Canada.
- LMIA approved Job means that the employer is allowed to hire a foreign worker with or without a work permit.
Also Check: Study in Canada Without IELTS (2024)
Can I convert my visitor visa to a work permit in Canada?
Under a temporary policy Without leaving Canada, you can convert your visitor visa to a work permit in Canada. This policy is set to expire on February 28, 2025
Can I apply for a work permit while on a visitor visa in Canada?
Yes, you can apply for a work permit while on a visitor visa in Canada after finding an LMIA-approved Job, and you have a valid visitor visa.