The France Seasonal Worker Visa falls under the Long-Stay Salaried Employment Visa category. The France Salaried Employment Visa is a popular type of visa and I have described this in my previous post about France Work Visa Process. You will be hired as a “travailleur saisonnier” (seasonal worker) a type of job linked to Tourism, Agriculture, Hospitality, Hotel staff, and Restaurant Staff.
The seasonal worker permit is issued for three years and is renewable. But you can work in France for 6 months as a seasonal worker in any twelve-month rolling year. You will also need a long-stay visa and a multi-year residence permit which will allow you to enter and live in France. More details and the application process for the France seasonal visa are given below.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
About France Seasonal Worker Visa
- Country: France
- Who can Apply: Non-EU Nationals
- Duration: Three Years, Renewable
Seasonal Activities in France
- Fruit and vegetable pickers, farmers
- Ski instructors
- Hotel staff such as cleaners, guards,
- Restaurant staff
- Campsite staff
According to France labor market information:
- 149,100 planned recruitments for winegrowers, arboriculturists, and crop pickers.
- 88,200 for farmers and agricultural laborers. Most of these planned recruitments are seasonal.
These numbers come from official French labor market reports and job boards.
Duration and Validity of Permits
A seasonal worker permit is issued for three years and is renewable. You are allowed to work for six months only in seasonal employment. You must apply for a new work permit for each new contract.
How does the Application Process Work?
A step-by-step application process on how to get a France Seasonal work visa in 2024:
Step 1 (Job offer from France)
The most important is to Find a Seasonal Job through online websites.
Step 2 (Get a Work Permit)
Your employer will apply for the work permit on your behalf to the authority responsible for foreign labor.
Step 3 (Long Stay Visa and Residence Permit)
- You have to apply for the France Long Stay Visa at the French Embassy in your country. (Here is a List of French embassies in the world)
- From (Here) you can make an online Visa application. Book an appointment.
- You will be issued a multi-year residence permit bearing the statement “travailleur saisonnier” (seasonal worker).
- In the two months following your arrival in France, you must visit your local police station to request a multi-year residence permit bearing the statement “travailleur saisonnier” (seasonal worker).
Requirements for Seasonal Worker Visa
- You must have a valid seasonal job offer from the French employer.
- Your employer will apply for Authorization to work on your behalf to the authority responsible for foreign labor.
- Once it’s approved, you will get a Work permit.
- You will apply for the France Long Stay Visa at the French Embassy.
- You cannot work in seasonal employment for more than six months within a consecutive 12-month period.
Official Website Links
- To make a Visa Application: More on visa application to France
- Website for France Seasonal Visa: https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/salaried-employment
I hope this information is helpful! Share with others.