If you want to work in the United States then understand the US H1B Visa program for working in the United States. The H1B Visa allows employers in the United States to hire Foreign workers in their companies. This is a nonimmigrant temporary resident visa that is issued for three years for the first time. An applicant from any country can apply online for the US H1B Work Visa. They must have a bachelor’s degree qualification to be eligible to apply for this Visa. The H1B Visa is the most popular US Work visa.
Each year the US Government selects 85,000 new H1B Applicants. Out of which 20,000 are reserved for people with a Master’s Degree from a U.S. institution are exempt from the cap. Many companies in the United States sponsor work Visas. Since the US is a very big country they also need workers from all around the world. Get to know everything regarding the H1B Visa process, requirements, and types of H1B Work Visa.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
Types of H1B Visa
- H-1B: The minimum requirement for an H-1B visa is a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- H-1B2: The H-1B2 visa is a specialty occupation visa, which means that the job must require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- H-1B3: The H-1B3 is for fashion models.
You are Eligible if you have
- A 4 four-year Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent degrees) OR
- A Master’s or Doctoral Degree OR
- Advanced training or vocational skills (examples include fashion models)
- You must have a Job offer from the US Employer.
H1B Visa Cap
- 65,000 for New Applicants
- 20,000 researched for applicants who have a higher education degree from the U.S. Institute.
H1B Selection Process
- The H1B Visa lottery is a random selection process in which the US Government selects applicants randomly and they will be granted a Work Visa.
- Your employer/company who offered you a Job will apply for each prospective H-1B worker on your behalf during the registration window.
- The H-1B visa lottery is held each year in March.
H1B Petition Process
These steps need to be completed by the employer to hire a foreign worker
- Have a Labor Condition Application (LCA).
- Fill in form I-129. (This is the main petition form employers fill out for USCIS to request an H1B visa for the foreign worker.)
- File a petition with USCIS.
- Submit the forms and the documents file.
- Wait for the review from USCIS.
How the H1B Application Process Works?
- Find a Job Offering an H1B Visa: Secure a job offer from a US company willing to sponsor your H1B visa. Any legitimate US company can sponsor an H1B visa.
- Gather Documents: Work with your employer to collect all necessary paperwork for the visa application.
- Apply Online in March: During the application window (usually March), your employer electronically submits your registration for the H1B lottery.
- Wait for the Lottery: The US government randomly selects registrations to meet the annual quota.
- File Petition if Selected: If your registration is chosen, you and your employer file a full H1B petition with USCIS.
- Interview and Visa Issuance:
- Once the petition is approved, you can proceed with the visa application.
- Complete the online Form DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application.
- Schedule an interview at the US Embassy in your country.
- Pay the visa fees.
- Gather and present the required documents at the interview.
- To learn more about the application process please go through USCIS WEBSITE
Period of Stay
Initially, the H1B Visa was issued for three years.
I hope this clarifies the US H1B Visa process for 2024! Remember, this is just a general overview. Kindly share with others if you liked this post. Sharing is caring.