Malta is an Island country located in the central Mediterranean. Malta is also a member of the European Union. This is a complete Guide to the Malta Digital Nomad Visa. Best Opportunity for the one who can work remotely from home for any company or who is self-employed like a Freelancer., Youtuber, or Blogger. You can move to Malta easily on a Nomad Visa and can live for up to one year with your family.
The Malta Nomad Visa is also called the Nomad Residence Permit (NRP). Malta already hosts and welcomes digital nomads from the EU. The permit is issued for one year and you can renew it every year. For the Digital Nomad Visa, you do not require a Job offer from Malta. This post breaks down everything you need to know about Mlata Nomad Visa, its requirements, and the application process.
The requirement to Obtain a Malta Digital Nomad Visa
To obtain a Malta Nomad Visa you should satisfy the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of a non-EU country.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have valid travel documents.
- Work remotely for a company that is not available in Malta.
- Freelancers can apply.
- Moreover, an applicant must have a minimum gross yearly income of €32,400. Please always check the updated income requirements from the website: https://nomad.residencymalta.gov.mt/nomad-eligibility/
Benefits of Malta Nomad Visa
- Tax-Free: As a digital nomad, you will not pay Tax in Malta as you are already giving in your home country.
- Malta is an English-speaking country.
- Traveling: You can visit other Schengen countries while your digital nomad residence permit is valid.
- You will have easy access to Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
- have access to 5G.
- Can bring your family as well.
Can your Family Join You?
When applying for the Maltese digital nomad visa, you can also bring your family.
- Your spouse (husband or wife).
- Your minor child.
- A child who is dependent on you due to an illness or disability.
- A child that is financially dependent on you.
Period of Stay
Initially, your Visa will be issued for a year, later on, you can renew it from within Malta.
Required Documents to apply for the Malta Digital Nomad Visa
- Application Form N1 (For Nomad Visa)
- Application Form N2 (if applicable) this form is used when you’ll be bringing along a family member
- Application Form N4 General Data Protection Form
- Letter of Intent that states your reason for coming to Malta, length of stay, and your accommodation.
- International Passport
- Employment contract and official tax documentation in case of employment
- Documentary evidence of self-employment
- Documentary evidence of all freelance activities in the case of freelance
- Europass CV
- Bank statement from 3-6 months showing your financial value.
- Local or international health insurance policy
- Health declaration
Get all Application forms from the website: https://nomad.residencymalta.gov.mt/nomad-forms-and-checklists/
Do You need to Pay taxes in Malta?
On a Digital Nomad Visa, you do not need to Pay tax in Malta. Unless you don’t have any income obtained from Malta.
Check your eligibility for the Nomad Visa: https://nomad.residencymalta.gov.mt/nomad-eligibility/
Application Process for the Malta Digital Nomad Visa
- Gather the documents.
- Apply online via mail to the Residency Malta Agency.
- Travel to Malta and collect your Nomad Residence Permit.
- To Apply Visit the Malta Residency permit website: https://nomad.residencymalta.gov.mt/
You must apply to the Residency Malta Agency online via email at email@example.com. After sending the email, you must wait for an answer from the agency.