The Sweden Job Seeker Visa allows applicants to come to Sweden to look for Work or start a business in Sweden. Individuals from non-European countries can apply for the Sweden Work Visa without a Job offer. The Swedish Government allows individuals to Stay in Sweden for 9 Months and during this time they should look for employment opportunities.
The Swedish Government introduced this Visa in June 2022. Along with Sweden, many other reputable countries have Job Seekers Visa such as UAE, Germany, and Portugal. Sweden is one of the famous countries for foreigners. The Swedish Government has named this Visa Residence Permit for Highly Qualified persons to look for work or Start a business.
Details About Sweden Job Seeker Visa
- Country: Sweden
- Visa Type: Job Seeker Visa
- Who can Apply: Anyone with a Qualification
How long you can Stay in Sweden on a Job Seeker Visa?
This job seeker visa will be valid for a minimum of 3 months; however, can be granted for a maximum of 9 months.
New Requirements for Sweden Job Seeker Visa
The Swedish Migration Agency sets new requirements for the Job Seeker Visa.
- You must be educated and have an advanced degree such as (a master’s degree, Ph.D., or advanced vocational degree/professional degree).
- You must come to sweden with the intent of seeking a job or looking to start a business.
- You should be able to support yourself during that time.
- You should have enough money that can be enough to support yourself during your stay.
- You can not bring your family on a Job seeker visa.
- Must be located outside of Sweden.
- You must have a passport.
- If you find employment you can apply for a work permit which will allow family members to join you in Sweden.
What is an Advanced Degree and why it is needed for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
- A 60-credit Master’s degree
- A 120-credit Master’s degree
- A professional degree worth 60-330 credits, or
- A postgraduate/PhD-level degree.
The Sweden Job Seeker Visa only allows individuals who have sufficient knowledge and who are serious about finding employment for themself. So, people with higher education degrees can only apply.
Success Rate of Sweden Job Seeker Visa
According to Web sources, the success rate for sweden Job seeker visas is about 10-15%. However, it is just a number. You can do your best and be positive.
Where to Apply for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
You can apply at the Embassy of Sweden in your Home country. They will have updated and detailed information on how you can apply and what documents you need to show.
How to Apply for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
In most cases, you must file your application in your country of origin or residence. So, you can Visit or Call the Embassy of Sweden in your Home country and ask them about the Job Seeker Visa.
Do you need a Job offer for this Visa?
Can You bring your Family members to Sweden on a Job Seeker Visa?
Do You Need to Apply for the Work Permit?
No, you are not allowed to apply for the work permit on a Job seeker Visa. Once you find a Job and you receive an offer Letter then you can apply for the Sweden Work permit.