Everything You Need to Know About the EB-2 NIW Visa. The US EB-2 NIW Visa (National Interest Waiver) is a green card option for foreign nationals with an advanced degree or exceptional ability whose work is in the national interest of the United States. It allows you to apply without a Job offer. Forget finding a US employer, apply on your own! The EB-2 NIW visa is like a special green card invitation for people like you who are exceptions in their field. It is a highly skilled program.
Imagine this: You’re a super-talented foreigner with a fancy degree or amazing skills in science, arts, or business. The US wants you to stay and keep doing your awesome work! They have waived the Job offer requirement from the U.S. Employer which is the biggest thing for any employee who is considering moving to the United States. Secondly, EB2 visa has a Faster processing time, and the success rate is also 60% to 70%. Is the EB-2 NIW Visa Right for You? The Process of Applying for an EB-2 NIW Visa is given below.
Details About US EB-2 NIW Visa
Before moving to the application process it is important to know about the EB-2 Visa and the NIW (National Interest Waiver).
What is an EB-2 Visa?
The EB-2 is an employment-based permanent immigration visa available to non-US Citizens with an advanced degree or exceptional ability. An EB-2 visa holder is considered a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
- Advanced Degree=Bachelors, or Master’s Degree.
- Exceptional Ability in Sciences, Arts, or Business.
What is NIW (National Interest Waiver)
Applicants who fall in one of the above categories and whose employment would be in the national interest of the United States may apply for a national interest waiver (NIW) – that does not require a Job offer.
Focus on this..
Proving your greatness: You have to convince your case officer that your profession, experience, skills, and expertise in beneficial for the US and are in the US national Interest. So they are waiving a Job offer.
Get help: This process can be tricky, so consider talking to an immigration lawyer.
Benefits of EB2 NIW
- No Jo offer is required from the US.
- No Bank balance is required to show.
- Allows permanent residency in the U.S.
- Ability to work and live anywhere in the U.S.
- Eligibility for U.S. citizenship after meeting additional requirements.
- EB2 Requirements: Hold an advanced degree (Master’s or higher) or have exceptional ability in your field evidenced by documentation and achievements.
- National Interest: Demonstrate that your work will substantially benefit the U.S.
- Work Experience: At least 4-5 years of work experience in the field would be beneficial.
- Additional factors: Strong academic record, publications, awards, endorsements from experts, and other relevant evidence supporting your qualifications and potential impact.
What type of Fields or jobs may be eligible for the National Interest Waiver (NIW)?
Fields With a Higher Chance of NIW Success:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM): Researchers, scientists, engineers, mathematicians, and other professionals in STEM fields.
- Healthcare: Physicians, nurses, researchers, and other healthcare professionals.
- Business and Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurs with innovative ideas.
- Arts and Culture: Artists, musicians, writers, and other cultural figures with international recognition and the potential to enrich the cultural landscape of the U.S. can be eligible.
- Education: Professors, researchers, and educators with exceptional expertise.
Remember: These are just examples for your understanding.
How to Apply for the US EB-2 NIW Visa?
It is best to consult with the best immigration lawyer who can help you with the EB2 Visa. Because it’s a Godlen ticket for you. Dont miss anything. But here is the application process:
- Check the Eligibility.
- Gather Evidence:
- Collect documents showing your achievements, awards, publications, patents, etc.
- Get expert letters from people in your field who can vouch for your impact.
- Prepare a detailed explanation of your work and its national importance.
- File Forms: You’ll need Form I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) and supporting documents.
- Attend Interview at the Embassy: An applicant must bring all documents, and give biometrics.
- Wait and Follow-Up: USCIS will process your application, which can take several months.
Green Card Application: Once your NIW is approved, you can apply for the green card itself (Form I-485)
Remember: This is just a general overview. Each case is unique, so consult an immigration attorney for personalized advice.
EB2 Official Website
- US EB2 Website: Visit Here