HZB is a renowned research center in Berlin. The applications are invited from all participants to apply for the HZB International Summer Student Program 2024 (ISSP). Each summer HZB offers 20 undergraduate students an eight-week summer student programme. The HZB 2024 summer program will run from 1st July to 23 August 2024. There are no restrictions on the nationality.
There is no need to upload English language tests such as IELTS. You must remain a student at your university when the program begins. There are three other fully funded summer programs in Germany to apply DESY Summer Student Program 2024, Cross Culture Program (CCP) Fellowship 2024, and HZDR Summer Student Program 2024. You can find information on the program, the requirements for application, the conditions of participation, and the application procedure below.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
About HZB International Summer Student Program 2024
- Country: Germany
- Location: HZB campuses in Berlin-Wannsee or Berlin-Adlershof
- Program Dates: 1 July to 23 August, 2024.
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31st December 2023
- Subsistence allowance for the contract duration of 1,900€ gross for participants coming from outside Germany and 1,000€ gross for students of the universities located in Berlin and Potsdam.
- 75% of your travel expenses will be subsidized up to an amount of 200€ for EU countries and 800€ for non-EU countries to help you with the costs of travel between Berlin and your residence.
- Open to all students from all countries.
- You are an undergraduate student (not a PhD candidate) in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Structural Biology, Mathematics, Engineering, Life or Environmental Sciences, or related disciplines.
- You have completed at least two years of full-time study in your major discipline at the university level.
- You will be enrolled as a student at your university during your stay at HZB from 1 July to 23 August 2024.
- You have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- You can provide a letter of reference with your application.
Conditions of the Program
- Participation for the entire duration is mandatory
- Working time: 40 hours/week
- Internship contract of 8 weeks to work on your project
- Academic CV
- Certificate of Enrolment from your current university
- Transcripts and academic degree certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of passport or identity card
- Letter of reference
How to Apply for the HZB International Summer Student Program 2024?
Applicants have to apply online and complete the online application form. Upload all the documents because the application will not be submitted without incomplete documents.