Summer in Germany! Enjoy your Summer 2024 in Germany while doing some work. The applications are open to apply for the HZDR Summer Student Program 2024. This is a paid and funded student program for students from all nationalities. The HZDR summer student program allows participants to join research groups and participate in their activities. The HZDR Summer program happens each summer between July and September.
This offer applies to international master’s and Diploma students in natural sciences and related areas. The location of the program is Dresden, HZDR Research Center, Germany. The exact dates are 29 July to 30 August 2024. The minimum length of stay is six weeks and the maximum is nine weeks. More details about the program are given below.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
About HZDR Summer Student Program 2024 in Germany
- Program Country: Germany
- Program Dates: 29 July to 30 August 2024
- Who can Apply: All Foreign Nationalities
- Deadline: 23rd February 2024
Benefits of the HZDR Summer Program
The students will receive the following scientific and financial benefits:
- Scientific lectures (between the end of July and the end of August 2024)
- Individual discussions and meetings with their supervisor
- Feedback about their overall performance at the end of the program
- Free accommodation during the whole stay.
- A grant of 36€ per day (enough to cover everyday expenses)
- Travel insurance and bus tickets.
What is the Goal of the Program?
The HZDR summer programs aim to provide students with the unique opportunity of working in natural sciences (physical and life sciences) while focusing on fundamental or application-driven research or technology development.
Summer Students will be an integral part of the research groups. Tasks will be assigned to the students.
Participants will be selected based on the quality of their resume, their academic grades, and the content of the letter of recommendation from a professor, group leader, or scientist from their university, capable of evaluating the applicant’s performance and achievements.
- Applicants with any nationality can apply.
- You are a master’s or Diploma student of natural sciences (physical or life sciences) or related studies.
- You should hold a Bachelor’s degree. In the case of diploma degree programs, you need to have a confirmation of passing the third year of studies before the upcoming summer.
- Proof of Student, such as ID.
Acceptance or rejection notifications will be sent by email no later than the middle of April 2024
How to Apply for the HZDR Summer Student Program 2024?
- Fill out the application form.
- Enter the required information about yourself and your education.
- Upload a Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Upload a copy of your academic grades/records.
- Upload a copy of your student ID.
- You will receive a link where a professor or senior scientist can upload a letter of recommendation. Please make sure, that we receive the letter before the deadline.