The Max Planck Institute is one of the prominent research institutes in Munich, Germany offers paid internships for international students. Applications for the Max Planck Internship 2024 will be accepted till 1st November 2023 for the internship starting in May 2024. Internships are open to exceptional Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral students worldwide. Interns can join any time in the year, but most interns come in the summer.
All internships are fully funded, covering living costs, housing, and roundtrip travel costs. A typical internship lasts 12 to 14 weeks, but longer internships are possible. If you have been selected for the Max Planck 2024 Internship, you will hear the outcome of the application before the 1st of March 2024. More details are given below.
Details About Max Planck Internship 2024 in Germany
- Internship Country: Germany
- Internship by: Max Planck Institute
- Who can Apply: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st November 2023
Do You Need German Knowledge for the Max Planck Internship?
No, knowledge of German is not required. All participating institutes use English as their working language.
As an intern, you will work closely with a research group at one of the participating institutes and be mentored by at least one faculty member.
All internships are fully funded. Interns will receive:
- Monthly Stipend
- Living Costs
- Roundtrip travel costs
- Visa Cost
Also Read: World Bank Legal Internship Program 2024 (Washington, USA)
The Max Planck Computer Science Internship is available in all areas of Computer Science as well as Diverse academic backgrounds and interdisciplinary interests, e.g. intersecting social science, economics, law, humanities, and others.
- Internships are open to worldwide students.
- Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral students worldwide with a basic background in Computer Science.
- Students looking for Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis projects are also welcome to apply.
- Enrolled students can also apply for the Max Planck Internship.
- Diverse academic backgrounds and interdisciplinary interests, e.g. intersecting social science, economics, law, humanities, and others.
If you are selected for an internship and you need a Visa to come to Germany, Max Planck will provide you necessary documents to obtain the visa.
It is your responsibility to apply for the Visa in time through a local German consulate. If the embassy asks for Visa Fees, then contact the Max Planck institute and tell them the Visa cost, and they will Pay.
Also Read: Germany Work Visa Requirements and its Types
You will need to provide your CV, transcripts, contact information for at least one reference, and an optional motivation letter.
- For internships starting between May and August, apply by November 1 of the previous year
- For internships starting at any other time of the year, apply at least 5 months before your intended starting date.
How to Apply (Application Process)
- Apply online. Submit your application via https://apply.cis.mpg.de/register/internship.
- You will need to select the mentor under which you want to work (optionally).
You will be notified in your email about the results by the 1st of March 2024.