The McCall MacBain scholarship at McGill University is a Fully Funded Master, or professional degree program for International students, Canadian students, and U.S. Citizens. The application is open now for the McCall MacBain Scholarship 2024. Up to 30 full scholarships and 100 Entrance Awards will be given. The McCall MacBain Scholarship is one of the most popular Fully Funded scholarships in Canada.
You can apply for the McCall MacBain Scholarship in 2023 if you are planning to apply for Summer / Fall 2024 for a full-time master’s or second-entry professional undergraduate program at McGill University. All the Expenses will be covered. This is a great opportunity to start your studies in Canada on a Full scholarship. The details about the Scholarship are given below.
Details About McCall MacBain Scholarship 2024
- Host Country: Canada
- University: McGill University
- Degree Level: Masters, Undergraduate
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Who can Apply: All students
- 27th September 2023 for Canadians and U.S.
- 24th August 2023 for all other applicants.
Where will be McCall MacBain Scholarship taken?
The McCall MacBain Scholarship is a Fully Funded scholarship program at McGill University, Canada. It is a Public University in Montreal.
McGill was named Canada’s best university and ranked #31st in the world.
Up to 30 full scholarships and 100 Entrance Awards will be offered. So, a total of 140 awards for the academic term 2024.
Full Scholarship Coverage:
- Tuition and fees Coverage
- A living stipend of $2,000 per month during academic terms.
- A one-time relocation grant for moving to Montréal. For example a travel ticket for applicants from outside Canada.
Eligible Degree Programs
For the McCall MacBain Scholarship, You can apply at one of the eligible degree programs
- Master’s Degrees
- MA (Arts), MArch (Architecture), MATL (Arts in Teaching and Learning), MBA (Business Administration), MEd (Education), MEng (Engineering), MISt (Information Studies), MM (Management), MMus (Music), MPP (Public Policy), MSc (Science), MScA (Science, Applied), MScAPT (Science, Applied in Physical Therapy), MScAOT (Science, Applied in Occupational Therapy), MSW (Social Work), MUP (Urban Planning), LLM (Law), STM (Sacred Theology).
- Second-Entry Professional Undergraduate Degree
- BCL/JD (Law), DMD (Dentistry), MDCM (Medicine)
To be eligible for the Scholarship you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- You can apply if you are a student and you will be able to get your Undergraduate degree by August 2024.
- You earned your first bachelor’s degree in the last five years (January 2018 or later)
- You earned your first bachelor’s degree more than five years ago, and are 30 years or younger in 2023.
The Above is the Criteria for the McCall MacBain Scholarship Program.
You also need to qualify for McGill University Admission for an Eligible Master’s degree program (programs that are eligible for McCall Scholarship)
Eligibility Criteria for the McGill University Admission
Read the admission requirements at McGill University.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Proof of Proficiency Not Required if:
- The mother tongue (language first learned and still used on a daily basis) is English
- Has obtained (or is about to obtain) an undergraduate degree from Canada or the United States.
- Has lived and attended university, or been employed, for at least four consecutive years, in a country where English is the acknowledged primary language.
- Has obtained (or is about to obtain) an undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized foreign institution where English is the language of instruction.
How to Check if your current University is a recognized foreign institution where English? (Find your university name on the WHED Portal)
How to Find Your University in WHED Portal
- Go to: https://www.whed.net/home.php
- Then you will see on the right side a search bar
- Choose a country and/or enter a keyword
- For example, You select your country “Pakistan”
- Then you select your University: For example LUMS
- It will list out LUMS. Open it. If the 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 is listed only as “𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡”. It means students from LUMS University do not need IELTS or TOEFL for McGill University.
Through this way, you can select your country and the university name to see if your University falls under WHED.
Application Deadlines for 2024
- Canada and the United States: September 27, 2023
- International: August 24, 2023
- June-September 2023: Apply for McBain Scholarship
- October-December 2023: Apply for McGill Degree Programs
- December 2023: Interviews
How to Apply for the McCall MacBain Scholarship 2024?
Make sure to apply early. First, apply for the McCall MacBain Scholarship and then wait. Then apply for Univeristy admission. All the application is online. The Link to the official announcement is given below.