The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024 is a two-year master degree scholarship program at an ACU member university in a low- or middle-income Commonwealth country. This means that the eligible applicants will complete their degree program in another country. The QECS 2024 is a fully funded scholarship, and hence it will cover all the expenses for the full duration of the program.
The scholarship runs in two cycles. Cycle 1 opens in November/December, and Cycle 2 opens in March/April. You only need to submit one application, but you are welcome to apply again if you are interested in studying in another country. Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply. More details are given below.
About the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024: Remembering the Queen
- Scholarship by: Queen Elizabeth
- Degree Level: Master (two years)
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: January 10, 2024
The scholarship covers:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to the host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
Participating Country and Universities Name for QECS 2024
The following universities are participating in QECS 2024:
- Bangladesh: University of Dhaka
- Eswatini: University of Eswatini
- Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago: The University of the West Indies
- Kenya: Technical University of Kenya
- Malaysia: Universiti Putra Malaysia, University of Malaya
- Pakistan: COMSATS University Islamabad
- Tanzania: State University of Zanzibar (SUZA)
- Uganda: Makerere University
The application consists of:
- Personal Details
- Academic and Employment Record
- Course details at host university
- Statements (Read about the type of statements required by QECS here)
- Upload supporting documents (including references)
Eligibility Criteria to Apply
- An applicant from a Commonwealth country is welcome to apply.
- Age Criteria: There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have attained a minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) at the undergraduate level to be eligible to apply.
- You must have already completed your undergraduate degree. Final-year students are not eligible.
- Funds are only available for two years.
- The QECS awards are for full-time study only.
Read FAQs about QECS.
How do I apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024?
Look through the list of countries and universities hosting scholarships in this cycle. Visit the relevant university website for more information on your chosen course using the links included below.
Complete and submit a QECS application for your chosen university or course by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button. Submit an application to your chosen university for admission to your chosen course.