What is Vanier Canada Graduate (Vanier CGS) Scholarship? On 26th June 2023, the Government of Canada announced to acceptance of applications for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023. The Vanier Canada Scholarship supports and offers Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships, Masters leading to PhD and PhD. Applicants from all around the world including Canadian citizens as well for up to three years.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is available in all Canadian Universities. So, students, and applicants have to apply to the respected University for the Vanier CGS Scholarship. The Univeristy then will nominate you for the Vanier Graduate Degree scholarships. The Vanier comes under one of the Top 10 Scholarships to Study in Canada. More details about the Vanier Graduate scholarships for international students are given below.
Details About Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023
- Host Country: Canada
- Host Universities: All Canadian Universities
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- No of Scholarships: 166
- Who can Apply: Masters leading to Ph.D. and PhD
- Deadline: Nominating Deadline by Canadian Universities: 1st Nov 2023
- Deadline for Applicants: Each University has set a different deadline for students to submit applications for Vanier Graduate Scholarship for 2024.
- $50,000 per year
- Also, Check other Fully Funded Scholarships
Social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
- Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
- A total of up to 500 scholarships are active at any time.
Who can Apply
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
List of Canadian Universities Under Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
So, here is a list of Canadian Universities to which you can apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program.
Also, you can write on Google like this: “Vanier Canada Scholarship Universities”. It will list out the names of the Canadian Universities where you can apply for the Vanier CGS.
There you can also see the deadline for the Vanier Scholarship at that University.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution which must have received a Vanier CGS quota
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint programs such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD, MBA/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component)
See Full details about the Vanier Eligibility.
Winners of the Vanier Scholarship in 2022
You can check the details, and portfolio about the past scholars and can get in touch for tips that might be it is helpful for you. Check Vanier Scholars 2022.
Steps to Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023
- You have to apply to Canadian universities which are under Vanier Canada. (The Link is given above) or just go to https://vanier.gc.ca/en/appendix_b_cgs_2021_22_to_2023_24.html
- Every university has its own deadline, so you have to check with the university a si told you above.
- You can apply to ONE University only for Vanier. The University will evaluate your profile and nominate you.
- Then the Vanier will make the Final Decision.
Nominating Deadline by Canadian Universities: 1st Nov 2023.
Deadline for Applicants: Each University has set a different deadline for students to submit applications for Vanier Graduate Scholarship for 2024.
How to Apply
Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program.
Here is the Application Process (https://vanier.gc.ca/en/nomination_process-processus_de_mise_en_candidature.html)