Opening a Block Account in Germany is required for study Visa purposes, and Job seeker purposes. Without a Block account, you can not apply for the visa. In this post, we will tell you How to Open a Block Account in Germany online, and which German bank is best for a block account. You may also need Travel insurance as well as Health insurance for Germany. All you can get under one Plan at a Cheaper price.
When applying for a Visa to Germany the blocked account is required for a year as proof of sufficient financial resources to cover their cost of living. Citizens of the EU and EEA do not need a blocked bank account to come to Germany for their studies. The application process for opening a Block Account in Germany in 2023 is given below.
How much money is needed to open a blocked account in Germany in 2023?
As of 2023: You have to credit 11,208.00 Euros for a one-year stay in Germany into the blocked bank account. This is equal to 934 euros per month. You can withdraw 934 euros/month.
Which bank is best for blocked Account Germany?
There are many banks providing online services to open a Block account. But here we will discuss the two best providers for the Blocked account.
These two are the most common banks used by students for opening a Block account. Approved by the German Federal Foreign Office. Accepted by all German Embassies and Consulates.
Opening a Block Account in Coracle Bank
- Normal Block Account Price: 99 Euros up to 1 year. No Monthly Fee
- Coracle Prime: 3-in-1 offer. (Block Account, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance) Only 59 Euros! No monthly fee. Enjoy the Best Price Value.
You also need Travel insurance when you apply for a Visa at the German Embassy. Once you arrive in Germany you will need a Health insurance as well.
So it is good to get Coracle Prime at a Cheaper price.
Required Documents for Coracle
- Admission offer letter
Opening a Block Account Fintiba Bank
- Block Account Price: €147.80 (€89 setup + 12 x €4.90 monthly)
Required Documents to open an Account at Fintiba
- Valid Passport
Open Your Germany Blocked Account Online in 2023
The Application process to open a Block account in Germany can be done within hours. All process is online.
- To open a Block Account at Fintiba use this link: https://www.fintiba.com/solutions/german-blocked-account/
- To open a Block account at Coracle use this link: https://www.coracle.de/blocked-account
- Follow the steps and open your account online.
How do transfer Payment from Your Local Bank Account into a German Bank account?
Once you have successfully opened a block account and you can access your account you will receive your account details such as IBAN/BIC.
You can then transfer the money from your local bank account into your German block account through many online services as well as you can transfer through Credit cards, online banking, and Net banking, or you can ask your Bank to help you with this.
You will then receive a confirmation statement from the provider which you need to present to the German embassy.
Show Proof of Financial to German Embassy
You can then download the bank statement from the German bank account. Show this statement as Proof of Financial Funds at the German embassy at the time of Visa application.
For which Purpose You can use Block Account?
The Block account is needed for Study Visa purposes and for Job seekers.
- Study Visa: For students
- Job Seeker Visa: Those who want to come to Germany without a Job offer to search for a Job.
For more details, you can read:
- Top 10 Scholarships to Study in Germany in 2023
- Germany Opportunity Card for Job Seekers
- Germany Job Seeker Visa in 2023: Move to Germany Without Job Offer