Study in Ireland and apply for the Scholarship. The Applications are open to apply for the Ireland Government Postgraduate Scholarship 2024. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is Funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science, and managed by the Irish Research Council (IRC). The Irish scholarship is available for all disciplines.
Each year the Irish Council awards 280 new postgraduate scholarships in Ireland Universities. Irish top Universities like Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, and Royal Irish Academy in Ireland are participating in this program. International applicants as well as citizens of Ireland are eligible. The Scholarship offers Master’s, Doctoral (Ph.D.), and post-doctoral in any discipline. More details are given below.
Details About Ireland Government Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
- Host Country: Ireland, Europe
- Scholarship Name: Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- Who can Apply: For Masters, PhD, Post Doctoral
- Deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 05 October 2023
Ireland is a fantastic country as it offers a lot of Job opportunities as well. We have published numerous posts about Ireland Jobs and Work Visas.
- Top 50 Ireland Companies Visa Sponsorship Jobs in 2023
- Ireland Work Visa Process 2023 | Guide to Get Ireland Work Permit
- Ireland Recruitment Agencies 2023
Degree Type and Duration
An applicant who is new and applying for the Govt of Ireland Postgraduate scholarship program is eligible to apply for funding for the full duration of the degree as outlined below.
|Degree Type||Duration of Funding|
|Research Master Degree||1 year|
|Structured research master’s degree||2 Year|
|Traditional doctoral degree||3 Year|
|Structured doctoral degree||4 Year|
The funding is available across all disciplines.
- Humanities and Arts
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
You can select your course in any of these universities.
- Atlantic Technological University
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Marino Institute of Education
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
Benefits of the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
Total Scholarship Value: Up to a maximum of €28,000 per annum
- Selected students will receive a stipend of €19,000/year.
- The scholarship covers the Full Tuition Fee.
- The student will receive research expenses of €3,250 per year.
- The candidates will get to study at the world’s leading universities in Ireland.
- The scholarship is also towards contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum.
The scholarship is open to all applicants from all countries as well and Irish students can also apply.
- No age limitation.
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicant must be fluent in English. The Irish Research Council does not require IELTS/TOEFL. However, check with the Irish Institute if they need it or not.
- Focus on Recommendation letters. Make the best of it. Read How to Make a Recommendation Letter for a Scholarship
- I will recommend you to please read the Call for Application as it contains all the details, process, requirements, and everything that is not covered here.
Dates to Note
|Call Open||31 August 2023|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 05 October 2023|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 October 2023|
|Supervisor /Mentor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 19 October 2023|
|Call outcome||April 2024|
|Award start date||1st September 2024|
Application Process (How to Apply for the Ireland Government Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
The Link to the official website is given below. You will find their Call for Documents, FAQs, and Online application forms.
More Scholarships in Europe: Top European Government Scholarships in 2023