Not all UK Universities require a high CGPA for admissions or for scholarships. CGPA is not all at all. There are many other factors through which you can easily secure your admission and chances of getting admission will become easier. Today we will share some useful insights on how you can Study in UK With Low CGPA. We have also given a List of Low CGPA UK Universities.
The UK is popular for providing the shortest 1 year Master’s Degree program. That is why many students chose the UK for their postgraduate education. What is considered a Good and Low CGPA in UK? Do you want to know? You may have a low GPA. It does not mean you can not study in UK. The List of the Universities to Study in UK with Low CGPA is given below.
List of Universities to Study in UK With Low CGPA
Here are the top universities in the UK that accept low-GPA students.
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bedfordshire University
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Birmingham City University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- De Montfort University
- East London University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Leeds Trinity University
- London Metropolitan University
- London South Bank University
- Northampton University
- University of Bolton
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Lincoln
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Roehampton
- The University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- University of Winchester
- University of Wolverhampton
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- York St John University
What is Good and Low CGPA Considerd in UK?
|UK Degree Classification
|First-Class Honours (First or 1st) – Very Good GPA
|Grade A or 70% or above
|Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) – Good GPA
|Grade B or 60-69%
|Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2) – Low GPA
|Grade C or 50-59%
|Third-Class Honours (Third or 3rd) – Very Low GPA
|Grade D or 40-49%
People with CGPA lower than 2.5 CGPA are studying in Germany. I have written an article on How you can Study in Germany With LOW CGPA
How to Get into UK Universities with Low CGPA?
Education Plays an important role. There are many students playing a role in the UK Economy because they Pay fees.
That is why UK Universities do not only focus on CGPA. But there are other factors too:
If you have a Low CGPA then Follow these while applying to universities that will help you in your admission:
- A strong personal statement/statement of purpose will prove greatly useful.
- Highlight subjects or study areas in which you have better scores.
- Good scores in exams such as GRE or GMAT/IELTS will improve your application.
- A strong Motivation letter for a scholarship can help you if you have a Low CGPA.
- Work experience can help you also.
- Part-time internships or any achievements.
- Show them your motivation and how much you are interested even if you have a Low CGPA.
- Enrol in Courses: Take some online courses in the relevant subject and show them you have Good knowledge.
Upcoming UK Scholarships
The UK has Popular Fully funded scholarships for students. You may prepare yourself now.
- Rhodes Global Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters, PhD
- Oxford University Scholarships
- Clarendon Scholarships
- Welcome (UK Government) Scholarship
- UK Bristol University Scholarships
Low Tuition Fee UK Universities
The Low Tuition Fee Universities are available in smaller cities. Target for smaller cities, or smaller universities. They accept students with low CGPA as well.
How to Study in the UK Without IELTS?
Check out the article on Study in UK Universities Without IELTS.