Finland seasonal Jobs are famous. The Finnish migration service offers several types of seasonal permits for foreign nationals. In order to work in Finland, residents of a third country need to get a Work Permit for Seasonal Work. If you are coming to Finland to carry out seasonal work you must apply for the appropriate permit. This post will shed light on Finland Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023, the types of permits, and the list of seasonal jobs.
The Employer who will offer you a Job must provide a monthly salary of 1335 EUR, as well as Good Accommodation, must be warm, fire safe and equipped with sufficient toilet and bathroom facilities and 2 days off in a week. This is one of the requirements for the employer. More details and the application process for the Finland Seasonal Work Permit 2023 are given below.
Types of Finland Seasonal Work Permits
The Finnish Immigration service offers three kinds of seasonal work permits and each one has different validity of stay.
- Seasonal Work Permit – refers to a seasonal work visa
- Certificate for seasonal work
- Residence permit for seasonal work
1) Seasonal Work Permit
If you are coming to Finland for less than 3 months and you are from a country that requires you to get a Visa to enter Finland you should submit your seasonal work visa application to the Finnish diplomatic mission or consulate in your country of origin/residence.
2) Certificate for Seasonal Work
If you are coming to work for less than three months and you come from a country whose citizens are not required to have a visa, you should submit your request for a seasonal work certificate to the Finnish Immigration Service.
This category applies to European Union nationals who do not need a Visa, as well as other countries that do not need a Visa to enter Finland.
3) Residence Permit for Seasonal Work
If your work is longer than 3 months then you need to apply for the residence permit for seasonal work from the Finnish Immigration Service. The maximum duration will be 9 to 12 months.
You do not need a seasonal work permit if:
- You are a citizen of a visa-free country and are coming to Finland for seasonal work as a picker of wild berries for no more than 90 days.
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland. You may work in Finland without a residence permit.
Visa Cost and Duration of Stay
- For 3 Months: Online 350, paper application 550
- For 9 to 12 Months: Online 400, paper application 600
The initial permitted period of residence under this Scheme is 1 year (12 months) and the maximum is 2 years (24 months)
List of Seasonal Jobs in Finland
Seasonal work refers to work in agriculture and tourism.
Branches of Agriculture:
- Crop and animal production and related service activities, excluding hunting and related service activities, and forest cultivation and other forestry activities.
Branches of Tourism:
Accommodation and food service activities, ski resorts, tour operator activities, another reservation service,s and related activities, such as tour guide services, activities of amusement parks and theme parks, support activities to performing arts, coastal passenger water transport, and inland passenger water transport.
- Check what counts as seasonal work in Finland.
- By 5 September 2023, 2,184 requests for a certificate for seasonal work have been submitted during the year 2023.
- By 5 September 2023, approximately 1,016 applications for a residence permit for seasonal work have been submitted during the year 2023.
Finland Seasonal Work Visa Processing time
It can take up to one month to process your online application. At the same time, paper application can take up to 3 months.
Who can Apply for the Finland Seasonal Work Permit?
- In general, anyone can apply for this residence permit and there are no special requirements.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply.
- no specific language requirements or experience.
Extension of Residence Permit
The good thing is that once your residence permit is going to expire, you can extend the work permit from within Finland. You can apply for an Extended permit for seasonal work
Finland Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023
- Step1: Get a Job offer from Finland Employer
- Step 2: Prepare the Documents
- Step 3: Fill the Online Application
- Step 4: Pay and submit the application
- Step 5: Visit the Finland Embassy or VFS to prove your identity
- Step 6: Follow the processing.
Online Application Link
Seasonal Jobs in Finland for Foreigners
You can contact the related seasonal work companies, employers, or sectors to apply directly for a job. The Links are given below.
Here are some official job search websites and resources for foreigners in Finland, along with their website links:
- EURES – European Job Mobility Portal: EURES Job Mobility Portal
- Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) Job Search: Migri Job Search
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Finland: IOM Finland
- TE Services for Immigrants: TE Services for Immigrants
- InfoFinland.fi: InfoFinland
- Integration.fi: Integration.fi
Lastly, if you are not interested in a seasonal Job, then you can apply for the Job for a Finland certified employer. There are 42 companies currently offering Jobs to Foreign Nationals.
You can Get your Visa in Just 10 days using a Finland D Work Visa Process 2023.