For the Germany Job Seeker Visa in 2024, you do not need a Job offer from a German employer. The German Job Seeker Visa is issued by the German government to anyone who will come to Germany to look for employment. It is a Long-term Visa generally issued for Six Months to anyone who can qualify for the visa requirements.
The Job Seeker Visa allows you to come to Germany, and find employment for yourself, and if you successfully secure any Job within that time frame you can simply apply for a work visa and a residence permit. To obtain a Germany Job Seeker Visa you need to qualify, complete the documents, and Pay the Visa Application Fee. The Complete details and the application process for the Germany Job Seeker Visa are given below.
Who Can Apply for a Germany Job Seeker Visa?
Not everyone is required to apply for a Job Seeker Visa for Germany. You do not need a German Job Seeker Visa if you are from:
- EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Israel, Japan, Canada, and the USA
- If you already have a Job offer letter from a German company/employer, then you do not need to apply for a Job Seeker Visa.
Also Read: Portugal Job Seeker Visa
Types of Germany Job Seeker Visa
There are two different types of Job seeker Visas for Germany. Those are:
- Job seeker (Academic)
- Job seeker (Vocational training)
1) Job seeker (Academic)
On a Job Seeker Visa (Academic) you can stay for up to six months in Germany to find a Job related to your academic qualification. You need a recognized university degree.
Once you find a suitable Job, you will get a residence permit. You need a visa to enter Germany. You do not need a residence permit while looking for a job for up to 6 months.
2) Job seeker (Non-Academic)
The Job Seeker Visa for non-academic applicants. This also allows you to stay for six months to find a job corresponding to your vocational qualification.
You need to have completed vocational training of at least two years that has been recognized in Germany.
Eligibility Criteria for Germany Job Seeker Visa
To successfully qualify for the Job seeker visa an applicant must be:
- A National of a third country outside the EU/EEA who needs a Visa to enter Germany.
- You must have a minimum of five years of working experience.
- You must have enough amount to support your stay in Germany. This money will be kept in a German bank and after you arrive, you can withdraw for your expenses.
- For a high chance of getting a job seeker visa, you can open a blocked account in Germany. If you don’t know how to open a block account then kindly read our post How to Open a Block Account in Germany.
- You should be at least 18 to apply for this visa.
- Experience requirement: You should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience to be eligible for the Germany job seeker visa.
How Much Amount Required in Bank Account for Job Seeker Visa?
You should keep at least €1,200 in your bank account as proof that you have enough amount to support yourself in Germany during the Job seeking.
Job Seeker Visa Germany Requirements
To Apply for the Germany Job Seeker Visa, see what are the requirements in 2024. You need to submit all these documents with your Application.
- Two filled-out, printed, and signed application forms.
- Your valid passport.
- Three identical passport-format photographs
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of travel health insurance.
- Proof of financial resources
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of personal status
- Cover letter for your visa application
- Proof of academic qualification.
- Visa fee payment confirmation.
How to Apply for a German Job Seeker Visa 2023?
Follow these steps:
- Complete the German job seeker visa application form.
- Make a visa appointment
- Prepare the required documents for the job seeker visa before the appointment date.
- Attend the interview at the German Embassy/Consulate.
- Pay the job seeker visa fees.
The application process varies from embassy to embassy. It is always good to call or email the German embassy in your country and ask them about the Visa Process.
Where to Apply for a Germany Job Seeker Visa?
You need to Fill out the online application form and book an appointment at the German embassy or VFS.
You have to apply for a job seeker visa at your nearest German embassy, or consulate.
Germany Job Seeker Visa Success Rate
The success rate is quietly high. According to the German Federal Employment Agency, about 70% of job seekers who come to Germany on a job seeker visa can find a job within six months.
Benefits and Drawbacks of German Job Seeker Visa
- You can Get a Work visa without a Job offer.
- No language skills are required for the visa application.
- You do not need a sponsorship or Job offer to apply for a Job Seeker Visa.
- You can stay in Germany without doing any Job for up to six months.
- You need enough amount in your bank to apply for a Visa.
- You need to come back as soon as possible if you are not able to find a Job in six months.
- You can not extend your Job seeker Visa. You must have to find employment within six months.
More Job Seeker Visa Countries: