Like other European Countries, the Sweden Job Seeker Visa allows applicants to come to Sweden to look for Work or start a business in Sweden. This permit is known as a “Residence Permit for Highly Qualified persons to look for work or start a business”. For this permit, you do not need a Job offer and you can apply for the Swedish Long Stay (D) Visa. The Swedish Government allows individuals to stay in Sweden for 9 Months and during this time they should look for employment opportunities.
The Swedish Government introduced this Visa in June 2022. Along with Sweden, many other countries have Job Seekers Visa such as UAE, Germany, and Portugal, Austria. You can also check the List of Countries that offer Job Seeker Visas. Sweden is one of the popular countries where foreigners come from different countries for work. It is home to world-popular companies like IKEA, Spotify, and Ericsson. The application process, Job sites, and the requirements to obtain a Sweden Job Seeker Visa are given below.
Details About Sweden Job Seeker Visa
- Country: Sweden
- Permit Type: Residence Permit to Look for Work
- Who can Apply: Non-Europeans
How long you can Stay in Sweden on a Job Seeker Visa?
This job seeker visa will be valid for a minimum of 3 months; however, it can be granted for a maximum of 9 months. You can not bring your family members on this permit.
New Requirements for Sweden Job Seeker Visa
The Swedish Migration Agency sets new requirements for the Job Seeker Visa.
- You must be educated and have an advanced degree such as (a master’s degree, Ph.D., or advanced vocational degree/professional degree).
- You must come to sweden with the intent of seeking a job or looking to start a business.
- You should be able to support yourself during that time.
- You should have enough money that can be enough to support yourself during your stay.
- You can not bring your family.
- Must be located outside of Sweden.
- You must have a passport.
- If you find employment you can apply for a work permit which will allow family members to join you in Sweden.
What is an Advanced Degree and why it is needed for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
- A 60-credit Master’s degree
- A 120-credit Master’s degree
- A professional degree worth 60-330 credits, or
- A postgraduate/PhD-level degree.
Financial Proof Requirements
You must be able to prove that you have enough money for yourself during your stay in sweden (minimum SEK 13,000 per month).
- A Valid Passport
- Official Transcripts, Educational Documents
- Copies of bank statements
- Health insurance proof
- A digital copy of a signed letter of consent gives the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) the right to contact higher education institutions in your home country to verify your educational documents.
Job search, networking, attending conferences, business exploration.
- SEK 2,200
How to Apply for the Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
The easiest way is to apply online by using the E-service for residence permits to look for work or start a business.
- Create an account on the Swedish Migration Agency website.
- Submit your application online and pay the application fee (SEK 2,000).
- Attend a biometric data registration appointment if required.
- Wait for the processing of your application.
Applying at the Swedish Embassy
You can also apply at the Embassy of Sweden in your Home country.
You must submit the Visa form and attached documents to a Swedish embassy or consulate-general in your country of residence. Pay the application Fee at the Visa center.
Once Your Application is Received
If your application for a “Residence Permit for Highly Qualified persons to look for work or start a business” aka (Job Seeker Visa) is approved, you will receive a residence permit card and instructions on how to collect it.
Apply for the Sweden Visa at the Embassy
If you are staying in sweden for longer than 90 days you will need to apply for the Sweden Long Stay (D) Visa. The Visa will allow you to Travel to Sweden. I have attached a link below for more information.
Sweden Labour Shortage List
Check the labor shortage list (it’s in Swedish, but use Google Translate) and try to find employment in these areas. Because these fields are high in demand.
Websites to Find Jobs in Sweden
- The Swedish Public Employment Service
- EURES portal
- Direct contact with a company
- Make a Good Cover letter and CV. Follow the Sweden CV Format.
Do you need a Job offer for Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
Can You bring your Family members to Sweden on a Job Seeker Visa?
Do You Need to Apply for the Work Permit?
No, you are not allowed to apply for the work permit on a Job seeker Visa. Once you find a Job and you receive an offer Letter then you can apply for the Sweden Work permit.
Can I move to Sweden without a job offer?
Yes. You can apply for the “Residence Permit for Highly Qualified persons to look for work or start a business”.