Many people from around the world making Dubai their second home. It has a high standard of living, Economic opportunities, Safety and security, and world-class attractions. Today we will tell you about the UAE Virtual Work Visa (Dubai’s Digital Nomad Visa). This is a residence visa for foreigners who are employed outside the UAE. They can live legally in UAE and enjoy all the benefits including telecommunications, utilities, medical and schooling, and zero income tax.
This is the cheapest option as you can stay in your own country as well but can avail of UAE banking facilities, etc. This is a one-year visa and can be renewable. You can also bring your family members. The Virtual work residence visa allows employees from all over the world to work remotely from the UAE. More details and the requirements are given below.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
Benefits of UAE Virtual Work Visa (Dubai’s Digital Nomad Visa)
- You don’t need to have an offer or sponsorship required from the UAE employer/company.
- Fewer income requirements.
- You can apply online
- You can enjoy the benefits of living in UAE such as Zero income tax, health facilities, schooling, can bring your family
The UAE Virtual Work Residence Visa is slightly the same as the UAE Green Visa. But the Green Visa has very high-income requirements and it grants you a residence visa for 5 years.
Requirements of Virtual Work Residence Visa
- Issued by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) of the UAE.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Minimum monthly income requirement of USD 3,500.
- Valid for one year, renewable.
Dubai’s Virtual Working Programme
You may relocate to Dubai (from outside the UAE) and continue to work for the organization you are already working for, remotely.
The virtual work program for:
- People who want to live in UAE, but work remotely for someone who is not based in UAE.
- Entrepreneurs, Freelancers, remote workers.
- Start-up companies who meet the eligibility criteria.
- The program is valid for one year, renewable upon re-application.
Requirements of Dubai’s Virtual Working Programme
If you work for a company, you need to:
- Launched by the Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) in Dubai.
- Provide proof of employment with a contract valid for one year.
- Earn a minimum salary of US$3,500 per month
- Provide the salary slip for the last month and bank statements for the preceding three months.
If you are a company owner, you need to:
- Provide proof of ownership of the company for one year or more
- have an average monthly income of US$3,500 per month
- provide bank statements of the company’s account for the preceding three months.
The update came in October 2023 that Dubai’s Virtual Working Programme aligned its requirements with the national Virtual Work Residence Visa. Both are the same with different branding.
The fee for the virtual working program is USD 287 per person.
It will take 48 hours to process your application.
How You Can Apply?
Please Visit the official website (link is given below). And follow the application process from there. Prepare the documents that have been asked. Submit your application online.
- IRENA Youth Forum 2024 in Abu Dhabi, UAE (Fully Funded)
- UAE Standard Work Visa 2024 (Benefits and Types)