Vienna BioCenter Summer School 2024 is a 9 weeks research program at one of Europe’s leading Research Centers in Austria. The call for Summer 2024 is Now Open. Applicants from all around the world can apply. The VBC Summer School is a unique opportunity for approx—20 students. The Vienna BioCenter Summer program will accept applications from students in (BA Hons, Master, MSc) program. The VBC will cover all the expenses.
The VBC Summer School 2024, starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the last Friday of August (or 31 August) each year. Each fellow will be allocated a faculty member, with whom they will work closely. There is no application fee charged by the VBC Summer School. This is how you are gonna spend your summer in the heart of Europe’s leading Research Centers. More details about the VBC Summer School 2024 are given below.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
About Vienna BioCenter Summer School in Austria
- Host Country: Austria
- Location: Vienna, VBC
- Summer School Timeline: From June 2024-August 2024
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31st January 2024
Also, Check the list of Fully Funded Summer Programs in Switzerland in 2024
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week program
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events.
Scholars will be housed free of charge in student accommodation. Modern rooms that are internet-enabled, fully furnished, and have a shared bathroom and kitchen.
Accommodation Location: OeAD – Guest House, Simmeringer Hauptstrasse | OeAD-WVGmbH Simmeringer Hauptstrasse 143, 1110 Vienna.
An opening dinner, visits to famous sites in Vienna, a trip to a heurigen, a final Summer School celebration, and our regular Friday evening social hours and other campus activities.
- Applicants from all countries can apply.
- An applicant has to choose the research project from the participating lab.
- Each student will be allocated a faculty member.
- BA Hons, Master, MSc students who have completed at least two years of university.
Please upload your enrolment certificate and transcript of studies and/or exam results for the last years of your course.
You will also need to upload proof of enrolment for the next academic year. If this is not possible, you should upload a personal statement with the programs that you have/will apply for.
A CV or cover letter is not required.
- Please Read FAQs
- Call Opens: 1 December, 2023
- Deadline: 31 January 2024
- Results: 15 March 2024
- Summer School starts: 1 July (or the last Friday in June)
- Summer School ends: on 31 August (or the last Friday in August)
How to Apply for the Vienna BioCenter Summer School 2024?
Eligible applicants who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university can apply from https://training.vbc.ac.at/how-to-apply/ or visit the official website below.