Canada wants top talent from around the world. In June 2023 the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, launched the Tech Talent Strategy. The aim is to Promote Canada as a destination for digital nomads. In this post, I will go through the complete details and the application process for the Canada Digital Nomad Visa. A digital nomad is a person who can perform their job remotely from anywhere in the world.
There is a lot to know more about this new Strategy. Under the current immigration rules, digital nomads only need a visitor status to relocate to Canada for up to six months at a time while they perform their job remotely for a foreign employer. Also, some digital nomads in Canada might decide to seek job opportunities with Canadian employers. If they receive a job offer from a Canadian company, they can apply for a temporary work permit or even Canadian permanent residence. Let’s read more about it.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
Requirements of the Digital Nomad Visa Canada
Digital nomads don’t need a work visa to work remotely from Canada. You can visit for up to 6 months at a time.
You are eligible for a Nomad visa if you:
- Work for an employer outside of Canada
- can do your job remotely
- want to experience Canada
Benefits of a Digital Nomad if they Choose Canada
- As a digital nomad, you do not need a work permit or a job offer from a Canadian employer.
- Under a current immigration rule, a digital nomad can apply for the “Visitor Visa”
- Digital nomads only need visitor status to relocate to Canada.
- Digital nomads can also seek opportunities with Canadian employers.
- If they receive a job offer from a Canadian employer they can apply for a work permit from within Canada or they can Convert Canada Visit Visa into Work Permit.
The Current processing time for the Digital Nomads application is 0 to 2 months.
The Application Process for the Canada Digital Nomad Visa
The Canadian government has not released much information on the application process.
Since these digital nomads only need visitor status, you can apply for the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
If you are a digital nomad or remote worker, you can apply from the official Canadian government website. They have now a separate block for digital nomads which looks like this.
Official Website Links
- Read more about the Canada Digital Nomad Program Here
- Apply online for the Nomad Visa: Visit this link
Choose Canada. You have Talent. They have Opportunities.