As a non-EU national, you are allowed to work in France and carry out seasonal activities in winter and in summer. In 2022 France issued more than 100,000 seasonal visas to non-Europeans. The Seasonal Visa is valid for three years and renewable. I will guide you about the France Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023, and the rights you can enjoy during your stay. France is a Schengen member country, so you can also travel to other EU countries on this Visa.
Seasonal work in France mainly includes Tourism, Agriculture, Hospitality, Hotel staff, and Restaurant Staff. You are allowed to do Seasonal jobs in France for a period of up to six months within a consecutive 12-month period. More details, the application process, and the Visa information on how to get a France Seasonal Work Visa are given below.
Details About France Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
- Country: France
- Visa Type: Seasonal Visa
- Who can Apply: Non-EU Nationals
- Duration: Three Years, Renewable
Also Check: Spain Seasonal Work Visa 2023 (It covers your Aifare Tickets, and Accommodation as well)
Seasonal Activities in France
- Fruit and vegetable pickers, farmers
- Ski instructors
- Hotel staff such as cleaners, guards,
- Restaurant staff
- Campsite staff
According to France labor market information:
- Agricultural occupations are among the most in-demand professions (149,100 planned recruitments for winegrowers, arboriculturists, and crop pickers.
- 88,200 for farmers and agricultural laborers. Most of these planned recruitments are seasonal.
- Work Permit: A seasonal worker permit is issued for a period of three years and is renewable.
- Visa: You will apply for a Long Stay Visa for France.
- Temporary Residence Permit: Three years
France Seasonal Visa Cost
- Visa Cost: 99 Euros
- Temporary Residence Permit Cost: 19 Euro
France Seasonal Work Visa Requirements
- You must have a valid seasonal job offer from the French employer.
- Your employer will apply for Authorization to work on your behalf to the authority responsible for foreign labor.
- Once it’s approved, you will get a Work permit.
- You will apply for the France Long Stay Visa at the French Embassy.
- You cannot work in seasonal employment for more than six months within a consecutive 12-month period.
Guide to France Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
A step-by-step application process on how to get a France Seasonal work visa in 2023:
Step 1 (Job offer)
The most important is to Find a Seasonal Job through online websites.
Step 2 (Work Permit)
Get an offer letter, and your employer will apply for the work permit on your behalf.
Step 3 (Long Stay Visa)
- You have to apply for the France Long Stay Visa at the French Embassy in your country. (Here is a List of French embassies in the world)
- From (Here) you can make an online Visa application. Book an appointment.
- You will be issued a multi-year residence permit bearing the statement “travailleur saisonnier” (seasonal worker).
- In the two months following your arrival in France, you must visit your local police station to request a multi-year residence permit bearing the statement “travailleur saisonnier” (seasonal worker).
Also Check: France Work Visa Process 2023 (Types, Requirements)
Popular Sites to Find Seasonal Jobs in France
Here are some of the popular sites to Find seasonal Jobs in France:
- Pôle Emploi
- Le Bon Coin
- Indeed France
- Monster France
- Fruits Legumes
- Hôtellerie Jobs
- Ski Jobs France
- Season Workers
- Camp Leaders
- Website for France Seasonal Visa: https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/salaried-employment
- EU Commission Website on France Seasonal Visa: https://immigration-portal.ec.europa.eu/france-seasonal-worker_en
FAQs about France Seasonal Worker Visa 2023
How do I get a seasonal work visa in France?
You need to secure a Seasonal Job offered by a French employer. Then your employer will apply for a work permit for you. Then you will apply for a France long-stay visa at the French embassy.
Do I need a visa for seasonal work in France?
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries need to apply for the France seasonal work visa.
What is a 6-month work visa in France?
The six-month work is a policy in seasonal visa. Seasonal workers can work for six months within 12 months. The seasonal visa is valid for three years.
Can we get PR in France?
If you have lived in France for the last five years, and you have a valid residence permit or work permit, you can apply for a Permanent Residency.
More Seasonal Work Visas by EU Countries
- Italy Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
- Portugal Seasonal Work Visa 2023
- Spain Seasonal Work Visa 2023
- Finland Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023
- UK Seasonal Work Visa 2023