Guide to obtaining a UAE Standard Work Visa. The UAE standard work visa is a common and popular employment visa issued to a worker who is not a resident of the UAE. This work visa is valid for 2 years and it can be renewable. A foreigner can get a normal employment visa if he/she is employed in the private sector, or a government sector. Thousands of workers come to the UAE from around the world every year.
Foreigners who want to live in the UAE for the long term must have a Residence Visa. In addition, if you want to be allowed to work, you must also have a work permit for the UAE. You also need an employer who is willing to sponsor your employment visa and work permit for the UAE. According to the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation (MOHRE) foreign workers in UAE on an employment work permit will get Insurance, Meals, and Accommodation for Free as well as some employers also cover the cost of a work permit.
Join our WhatsApp Groups to stay connected with us.
Requirements of the UAE Standard Work Visa
- You must be at least 18 years old
- The license of the company hiring you has to be valid.
- The company must have offered you a job contract.
Eligibility Criteria for the UAE Standard Work Visa
There are three categories of the standard visa:
- Category 1: If you have at least a bachelor’s degree
- Category 2: If you have a post-secondary diploma in any field
- Category 3: If you have a high school diploma
- Original Passport
- Passport size picture.
- Copies of your academic qualifications authorized by the UAE Embassy or consulate in your country as well as from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.
- Medical certificate, issued by a government-approved health center in the UAE.
- other Documents from the company hiring you.
How you Apply for a UAE Work Permit?
Step 1: Get a Job offer from a company located in UAE
- The employer will send you an offer letter with the contract and details regarding the Job type, duration of the contract, and what they will offer.
- You have to sign the contract and agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 2: Approval from MoHRE for Work Permit
The employer in UAE will start applying for the work permit for you online. They will upload all your documents online to GDRFAD Dubai.
Your work Visa will be approved after an employment contract and approval of the work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoHRE).
Apply for Emirates ID (Last Step)
After coming to UAE you will be required to give Medical and biometrics and apply for the Emirates ID. The Emirates ID is also known as a residency permit.
It is usually recommended to apply as soon as possible after arriving in the UAE. Because with Emirates ID you can do many things such as opening a Bank account.
UAE Work Visa Cost
The cost of issuing and renewing a work permit ranges from AED 250 to AED 3,450, and it depends on the company’s classification: A, B, or C.
- For updated Visa Fee please visit the ministry website.
Visa Validity for the Standard Work Visa
The standard duration of the work permit is valid for 2 years and it can be renewable as long as you have the job in UAE.
How to Apply for the UAE Standard Work Visa?
After your work permit for the UAE is approved, it serves as an entry permit, allowing you to enter the UAE on the grounds of employment. The UAE Employment Visa procedure starts only after you enter the country.
After you enter the UAE, your employer has to apply for a Residence Visa for you.
Once your application is approved, the GDRFA will affix an Employment Visa (Residence Visa for employment purposes) on your passport, and you will receive an Emirates ID, valid for the same duration as the visa.
You will also receive a Labour Card, which informs the authorities you have authorization to work in the UAE.
Getting a Work Visa for Dubai
Dubai is the most popular city in the UAE. And it has many employment opportunities. The process of getting a work permit for Dubai is the same as in any other emirate.
- You find a job in Dubai or you have a job offer from Dubai.
- Your employer applies for a Work Permit for you.
- Enter Dubai with a work permit.
- Your employer arranges a medical exam and applies for a Residence Card.
- Your employer also arranges for you to receive a Labour Card and Emirates ID Card.
Job Opportunities in Dubai
Dubai, the crown jewel of the United Arab Emirates famous for its luxurious lifestyle, towering skyscrapers, and dynamic job market.
Here’s a glimpse into the diverse range of job opportunities available in Dubai across various sectors:
- Hotel Management
- Travel and Tourism
- Event Management
- Finance and Business
- Technology and Innovation
- Healthcare and Education
Popular Dubai Companies that sponsor Work Permits
- Emirates Airline
- Sony PlayStation
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA)
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- Dubai Municipality
- Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA)
- Dubai Police
- DP World
- Emaar Properties
- Jumeirah Group
- Dubai Duty-Free
- Emirates NBD
My brother-in-law runs a luxury car rental service in Dubai. His company name is EZhire and he told me that they hire foreign workers from outside the UAE as well as they provide one free annual air ticket, a one-time meal, and free accommodation as well as cover the cost of a work permit.
Dubai Career Website
- Dubai Careers: https://jobs.dubaicareers.ae/careersection/dubaicareers/