The H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers allows foreign nationals to come to the United States and work in agriculture related such as Farming, Planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops. If you are interested get to know about the US H2A Work Visa Process 2023. This is a Temporary Seasonal Work Visa. The US Authorised Recruitment agencies/agents will fill Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, on behalf of a worker.
The maximum period of stay on the H2A visa program is 3 years. In this post, you will find a List of Foreign Labor Recruiters List authorized by the US Department of Labor. Also, a one-stop to find Temporray Seasonal Jobs. The Cost associated with the program, eligible countries, and the H2A Work Visa Requirements 2023. Everything is described below.
Details About US H2A Work Visa Process 2023
- Host Country: USA
- Job type: Seasonal
- Visa Type: H2A Temporary Agriculture Visa
- Who can Apply: People from the Eligible countries
- Wage and Compensation: H2A workers are guaranteed to be paid a fair wage for their work in the area where they are working.
- Housing Assistance: H-2A employers are required to provide housing and transportation to their workers.
- Visa Sponsorship: H-2A workers must be sponsored by a U.S. employer.
Also Check: Singapore Employment Pass Requirements 2023
To qualify for the H2A Work visa you must:
- have a Job offer from the US Employer.
- Your employer must offer you a Job.
- You must have a valid passport and you can apply for the US Visa.
- Prove that you will return to your home country after the visa expires
H2A Eligible Countries
Nationals from the following countries are eligible to participate in the H-2A program. List of countries eligible for H2A visa:
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Guatemala||Nauru||South Korea|
|Brunei||Honduras||New Zealand||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Costa Rica||Italy||Papua New Guinea||Timor-Leste|
|Dominican Republic||Latvia||Portugal||United Kingdom|
|Ecuador||Liechtenstein||Republic of Cyprus||Uruguay|
|The Kingdom of Eswatini||Madagascar||San Marino|
H2A Seasonal Jobs
- SEASONALJOBS.DOL.GOV | One-Stop Source for Seasonal and Temporary Jobs in the United States.
Foreign Labor Recruiter List
The list contains the name and locations of persons. Visit: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/foreign-labor/recruiter-list
H2A Visa Cap
But the U.S. Department of Labor certified around 370,000 temporary jobs in fiscal year (FY) 2022 under the H-2A program
Period of Stay
Generally, the Visa is granted for 1 year. But it can be renewable. The maximum stay on the H2A Visa program is 3 years.
H2A Program Application Process
Step-by-step guide for H2A visa application:
- Petitioner: The one who is hiring the Foreign worker
- Employee: The one who is applying for a Job
- Employer: The one who is hiring.
Step 1: Petitioner submits a temporary labor certification application to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
Step 2: Petitioner submits Form I-129 to USCIS. After receiving a temporary labor certification for H-2A employment from DOL.
- Step 3: After USCIS approves Form I-129, prospective H-2A workers who are outside the United States must:
- Apply for an H-2A visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Do your research on the internet, and find more helpful information. Go through the Official website.